Is it a task for you to prepare evening snacks? If you haven’t figured out what to eat today, this fruit salad and chia with nuts – perfect! This healthy recipe is satisfying and it will satisfy your sweet tooth. It can also be served as a cold dessert to overcome the heat!
- Apple / banana / ripe mango – 1 sliced medium size
- Strawberries – 5-6
- Kiwi – 1 medium size chop
- Chia seeds – 1 tbsp
- Almond milk / coconut milk / low fat milk – ½ cup (100 ml)
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Walnuts (4 halves), Almonds (5), Pistachio (5), Cashew (4)
- Cinnamon powder
- Finely chop all the nuts
- Preheat the pan and fry the chopped nuts for 3-4 minutes on low and medium heat so that they become tender and crispy
- Take 100 ml of skim milk / coconut milk / almond milk, add to it 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, a pinch of cinnamon powder and 1 tsp honey.
- Allow the mixture to infuse in the refrigerator overnight or for 8-10 hours to allow the chia seeds to swell
- Take a jar or glass and start unfolding
- Add sliced mango to the base and add a mixture of milk + chia seeds to cover the mango
- To this add chopped kiwi and again add a mixture of milk + chia seeds
- On top put sliced strawberries and again a little mixture of milk + chia seeds
- Add the roasted nuts on top
Please note: If you are allergic to nuts, replace them with seeds.
Highlights of the recipe for fruit salads and chia
- Chia seeds are very rich in omega-3 fatty acids and fiber, which makes this snack very filling
- You can add seasonal fruits of your choice and get all the seasonal nutrients
- This will give options for your usual fruit consumption
Did you like the recipe for fruit salad and chia with nuts? Have you tried this before? Share photos on social media or at GOQii Arena and tag us! See more helpful recipes Healthy readings or tune in to cooking classes GOQii Play.
For more tips on recipes, nutrition and diet tips, sign up for personalized trainings and ask the GOQii coach directly: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr
Eat healthy and #BeTheForce