Live at The End in Season X Fortnite wraps up Chapter 1, Epic Games left its players to stare at The Nothing for 36 hours. After a long wait, a new map, Apollo, replaces the previous map from Chapter 1 (Athena). This new map introduces new locations such as; Eye land, the new Loot Lake, Retail Row and more. All of these locations are marked on the in-game minimap. Apart from these attractions, Fort Crumpet is worth a visit. You need to do a bit of exploring as this new area is not marked on the map and is part of the ‘Visit Various Sights’ task. This guide will help players identify: Where is Fort Crumpet in Fortnite?
Where is Fort Crumpet in Fortnite?
Fort Crumpet can be located north of Coral Castle and east of Believer Beach, and you can also refer to the map coordinates, A3. You would be looking for a derelict military fort, now abandoned. Its walls are broken and exposed, with a tower in the center that has seen better days. With a few chests hidden in the walls, there isn’t much to say about this fortress at the start of Chapter 2.
After each season, this little fort changes along with the rest of Apollo (map). You would notice the rise of the bodies of water surrounding the area before it appears as a small island on the northwest side of the map. Players could complete several tasks.
List of trials at Fort Crumpet
- Visit different attractions
- Fort Crumpet is one of the available locations on the map and is one of 15 locations you can explore.
- Look for 10 chests in landmarks
- As with all other attractions, loot boxes can be found here.
- Paint-a-Toona skin
- Find colored bottles to customize your Paint-a-Toona skin. You will be able to find Red Knights “Crimson Knight” colored bottles to get the red color scheme.
- Destroy the dwarves at Camp Cod or Fort Crumpet
- There are three stages to this particular challenge and you can choose between two landmarks to complete it. Killing all 25 dwarves will give you a total of 90,000 XP, which is a big boost if you take this challenge. The game can give you a decent amount of dwarves to hunt, though you’ll need to get to them before other players. Instead, you can go to “Camp Cod”, where the game offers you more dwarves than Fort Crumpet.
- Stage 1 of 3 | Destroy the dwarves in Camp Cod or Fort Crumpet (3): 10,000 XP
- Stage 2 of 3 | Destroy the dwarves in Camp Cod or Fort Crumpet (7): 25,000 XP
- Stage 3 of 3 | Kill the dwarves in Camp Cod or Fort Crumpet (15): 55,000 XP
- Dig up the gnomes from Fort Crumpet and Pleasant Park In this quest, you can find two places to collect dwarves buried under dirt.Place 1: On the north side of Fort Crumpet, under the arch, look for piles of dirt.
- Place 2: The second location is in the southeast corner of Fort Crumpet and at ground level. Search the dirt to find the next gnome.
- Collect gnomes from Fort Crumpet and Holly HedgesSimilar to the previous challenge above, only this time, the two dwarves are hidden inside a point of interest (Fort Crumpet).Place 1: It’s right in the center of the military fort, under the stairs.
- Place 2: This gnome can easily be found in the cash register inside the gift shop in front of the fort.
Where is Fort Crumpet now after Chapter 2?
At the end of Chapter 2, during the live event, the entire map changes. In the eighth season of Chapter 2, giant glowing blue cubes spawned for each “Looper” (the term used in the story for NPCs to summon players). Soon the clock hit 10 minutes and the Loopers had to fight the Queen of the Cubes, her army of zombie paratroopers and UFOs. Each player has a weapon in their inventory to fight in this event, although these enemies pose no real threat.
As you progress through the story, you meet ‘The Foundation’ (voiced by Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson), Agent Jones and ‘Looper’ (this name refers to the player) as they work together to fix ‘Ground Zero’. This is the nexus realm, which is said to be where all realities come from and can be used as a source of energy to create a bridge to other existing realities.
After a few cutscenes, the three characters get out of a laboratory hidden underwater under the surface of the island. And Apollo’s card is changing little by little. They are still running away. Players are attacked by zombies through a window outside the lab. The window shatters, flooding the area with water and washing away the players. Players float to the surface, shielded from what they are about to see. The entire island, no longer resting on the water, stood upright before toppling over.
The event saw the introduction of a new map for Chapter 3 and a farewell to all Chapter 2 locations, including Fort Crumpet.