Have you been patiently waiting for the headbanging power of metal music to hit the gaming scene? That’s exactly what you get in Metal: Hellsinger, giving players the ability to kill to the beat. It can also be played right now.
Metal: Hellsinger is the game we’ve been waiting for months, and it’s available right now on Xbox Series X|S, PS5, and PC. Then he went practical in previewand then seeing it destroy Gamescomit was clear that this was something that appealed to many, especially those who get nothing but pure pleasure from the most brutal and raw metal music.
It comes via the Funcom team as they join forces with The Outsiders to give players the chance to become the Unknowns. It’s here that Series X|S, PS5 and PC players will be looking to fight their way through the domains of Hell, fending off hordes of demons and eventually – hopefully – setting up a battle with the Red Judge.
Metal: Hellsinger is different in how you approach it. It’s a rhythm-based FPS where your success is determined by your ability to hit the beat, note by note, as you sync up the beat. Do so and Hellsinger will become even more intense. Failure and well, the hordes of hell await…
With a range of weapons at your disposal, the chance to take part in an epic story mode or a deep challenge mode, Metal: Hellsinger really shines in the sounds to back it up. It also features some seriously famous names from the metal industry – Serge Tankian (System of a Down), Matt Heaphy (Trivium), Mikael Stan (Dark Tranquility), Randy Blythe (Lamb of God), Alyssa White-Gluz (Arch Enemy ) and Tatsiana Shmayliuk (Jinjer) and rock their vocals and instrumental goodness.
Our full review of Metal: Hellsinger is fast approaching, but for now, the key features you need to worry about include:
- Shoot to the beat – Metal: Hellsinger is a rhythm FPS where your ability to shoot to the beat will enhance your gameplay. The more you are in sync with the beat, the more intense the music will become and the more destruction you will cause. Demonic Arsenal Defeat hordes of demons with a blade in skulls or a wide range of deadly guns. Each weapon has its own maximum ability, such as Kill Crows or Great Farewell.
- Epic Story and Challenge Mode – Play through an epic storyline narrated by award-winning actor Troy Baker. Unlock special challenges and conquer the realm of Torment to become more powerful in the stages and gain an advantage on the leaderboard.
- Fight your way through fire, ice, metal and madness – although commonly known as Hell, The Infernal Planes is actually an amalgamation of a thousand Hells, each terrifying and diabolical in its own way. In order to dethrone the Red Judge, you will have to make your way through the fiercest corners, from the icy world of Voke to the mad world of Stygia.
- From the lead designer of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – Metal: Hellsinger is created by the experienced FPS team at The Outsiders and is the passion project of David Goldfarb, Game Director of Payday 2 and lead designer of Battlefield 3 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
- Original metal soundtrack – each track is specially created for the game with vocals from such metal icons as Serge Tankian (System of a Down), Matt Heaphy (Trivium), Mikael Stan (Dark Tranquility), Randy Blythe (Lamb of God), Alice White- Gluz (Arch Enemy) and Tatsiana Shmayliuk (Jinjer).
Metal: Hellsinger has an “official” street date of September 15th, 2022 (which is when it will be released on Game Pass), but you can play it right now on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and PC by pre-ordering it. This will give you a 48-hour early access period, allowing you to bang your head ahead of time.
You will find The Xbox Store delivering suchjoy – pay £33.49 and start spinning.
Part human, part demon and obsessed with a desire for revenge. Become the Unknown and fight your way through the fiercest regions of Hell. Destroy hordes of demons and their leaders to prepare for an epic showdown with the Red Judge herself. Every legend has a song. And yours is metal, revenge and destruction.