Dating sims have really come to life in recent years, spanning a variety of genres and ideas, spreading far and wide. But no one has ever focused on a bunch of giant monsters looking for love. Not until now anyway. Only until Kaichu: The Kaiju Dating Sim.
We’re well used to the weird and wonderful dating sims – none more so than before Mr. Masagi: Mayo Editiongame where you can date a jar of mayonnaise, but we think Kaichu: The Kaiju Dating Sim comes close to that awesomeness.
It comes via the team at Top Hat Studios as they release a genius creation from developer Squiddershins (we had to suspect that a developer with that name knows how to create some crazy stuff) to create a new version of the dating sim for players on Xbox , PlayStation , Switch or PC.
Available for purchase and download right now, priced around $9.99USD /£7.19/8.19EUR and playable on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam or Epic, Kaichu: The Kaiju Dating Sim should be seen as a fairly frivolous affair, similar to a Saturday morning cartoon where you want to help a giant monster find love.
This monster is Gigachu, a radioactive dinosaur that travels the world in search of passionate love. Fortunately, this globe is frequented by the six other Kaiju, and so you’ll need to help Gigacho perform the magic necessary to set up a date. With commentary from several news anchors and plenty of likes and dislikes for you to enjoy, Kaichu: The Kaiju Dating Sim should have enough going for it to keep you entertained for a few evenings.
Some of the key features include:
- Create your love story by flirting with one of the six available kaiju. Each character has their own storyline, personality, tastes and conflicts, so no two routes are alike!
- Travel to some of the 24 locations based on real-world locations with your special someone and smash monuments together. Kaichu is a non-linear game, so you can basically explore the map in any order you choose.
- Test your compatibility with innovative quiz gameplay based on each kaiju’s personality and strengths. As Gigachu, it’s up to you to decide whether to be true to yourself or choose the answers that make you the best for the kaiju you’re interested in.
- Immerse yourself in beautiful hand-drawn backgrounds and excellent kaiju created by Jason Boyer in the style of Saturday morning cartoons.
- Move your body to the beat of the original Kaichu soundtrack by Clark Aboud, who wrote the OSTs “Kind Words” and “Kill the Spire.”
Our full Kaichu – The Kaiju Dating Sim review is upin real time and ready for the purchase to be made. Read it while you wait for yours The Xbox Store download on Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S. It is also available on PlayStation, Switch and PC.
Kaichu is a kaiju dating simulator! You play the role of Gigachu, a giant romantic looking for love. Meet six other eligible kaiju and visit twenty-four famous landmarks where Gigachu will answer challenging compatibility questions to decide the fate of your relationship.